Dark knees are often a sore point for several people. Don’t worry, though; you can get rid of it quickly with simple ingredients available in your kitchen!
You can attempt the accompanying solutions to help get rid of dark knees. However, dermatologists don’t generally recommend these therapies, given the lack of scientific evidence to support their effectiveness.
Green tea is a popular skin lightening remedy that works great on dark knees as well! This might be because of its primary compound, epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)
A 2015 study, Trusted Source, found that EGCG can prevent melanin accumulation. It works by hindering tyrosinase, and the essential compound needed to make melanin.
- Steep a pack of green tea in 1 cup of boiling water.
- Dip a cotton ball in the tea and squeeze out the excess.
- Swipe onto your knees. Repeat twice a day.
Aloe Vera Gel
Numerous individuals guarantee aloe vera gel can help skin, including dark knees, even though there isn’t adequate logical proof to support this case. Promoters of aloe vera highlight a compound called aloesin. According to a 2002 study in Clinical and Experimental DermatologyTrusted Source, aloesin reduces hyperpigmentation caused by sun exposure. As the study is older, more research is needed to prove its effects.
- Apply 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel to your knees.
- Gently apply to your skin with clean hands.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times per week.
Turmeric is conventionally used to lighten skin. Curcumin, its essential compound, is believed to be answerable for this impact.
In a recent report in Phytotherapy ResearchTrusted Source, scientists found that curcumin hinders tyrosinase action. This cutoff points to melanin union, which may help decline hyperpigmentation, making it a perfect remedy for dark knees.
- Consolidate ½ teaspoon turmeric and 1 tablespoon yogurt or nectar.
- Apply the glue to your knees. Stand by 10 to 15 minutes.
- Flush off and saturate. Rehash 2 to 3 times each week.
Because of its blanching properties, cucumber is among the best approaches to dispose of dark knees. It eliminates dead skin cells and keeps your skin saturated. Nutrients An and C that are available in cucumbers keep the skin excellent and new.
- Delicately rub thick cuts of cucumber over your elbows and knees for 15 minutes.
- Leave it on for 5 minutes and wash it with cold water.
You can likewise blend equivalent measures of cucumber juice and lemon juice. Apply the combination on your knees. Keep it on for 20 minutes and wash it off. Do this regularly.
Lemon And Baking Soda
Lemon is a fantastic way to lighten those dark knees. It’s stuffed with cell reinforcements and nutrient C, which advance skin recovery and improve skin appearance. Preparing soft drinks goes about as a delicate and viable chemical for brightening dull regions of skin.
- Take a lemon and cut it into 2 parts.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of preparing soft drink on top of the lemon.
- Rub your knees for 1 moment.
- Allow it to sit for 15 minutes and afterward wash off with warm water.
- Rehash once like clockwork for an ideal impact.
Potato is rich in catecholase proteins that can generally help your skin tone. Every day utilisation of potatoes will mellow your skin and assist you with disposing of dull zones.
- Mash the potato, press out the juice, and apply it to your skin if you want to lighten your dark knees.
- Leave it on your skin for 15 minutes, at that point wash it with water.
- Apply a lotion.
Coconut oil is chock full of essential unsaturated fats and nutrient E that help fix dark knees and dull and harmed skin.
- After each shower or shower apply coconut oil to the dark knees.
- Back rub tenderly for 2-3 minutes until the oil is assimilated into the skin.
- You can add 1/2 tsp of new lemon juice to 1 tsp of coconut oil and delicately knead your knees and for a moment.
Honey goes about as a characteristic cream. In mix with lemon it can do some amazing things for your dark knees.
- Blend 2 tbsp Honey, the juice of a large portion of a lemon, and 1 tsp heating pop.
- Apply the blend over the obscured zones.
- Allow it to sit for 20 to 30 minutes and wash it.
Honey likewise functions admirably with milk and Aloe Vera. You can join 1 tbsp of Honey with 1 tsp of milk and 1 tbsp of Aloe Vera gel. Apply the glue to your skin, leave it for 15 minutes, and flush it off with warm water.
Sugar And Olive Oil
A natively constructed clean produced using sugar and olive oil will sustain, hydrate, and eliminate dead cells from your dark knees.
- Join equivalent measures of sugar and olive oil to make a fine combination.
- Apply it to knees and back rub in roundabout movements for around 5 minutes.
- Rehash this consistently.
This scour can likewise be utilized to purge your face. Simply try to not rub excessively hard, as it might hurt your skin.
Vinegar And Yoghurt
The rich substance of acidic corrosive in apple cider vinegar and lactic corrosive in yoghurt will assist with purging your dark knees and elbows and uncover shining skin.
- Blend 1 tbsp of yoghurt and apple cider vinegar together.
- Apply this blend on your skin.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Rehash this strategy 3-4 times each week.
Another simple method to help your skin is to blend apple juice vinegar with some water and apply it to your knees with cotton balls. Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash it.
Milk contains lactic corrosive, which implies it assists with lessening skin pigmentation, averts dead skin cells and keeps the skin saturated. This strategy works more slow than different techniques, however it’s viable.
What You’ll Need:
• 1 cup of full-fat milk.
• Dip a cotton ball in some full-fat milk and apply it on your knees.
• Let the skin retain the milk totally.
• Repeat this cycle each day.
Shea Butter And Cocoa Butter
Shea spread and cocoa margarine are characteristic fats and are a decent cream for the skin. They help mellow the skin and eliminate dead skin cells and dull spots on the dark knees.
What You’ll Need:
• Shea margarine and cocoa spread.
• Apply shea spread or cocoa margarine straightforwardly on your knees prior to hitting the hay.
• Leave it on overnight.
• Repeat this consistently for best outcome.
Turmeric And Milk Cream
Turmeric contains particular conditioning and dying properties that help to dispose of dark knees.
What You’ll Need:
• Pinch of turmeric.
• 1 teaspoon of milk cream.
• In a cup, add a spot of turmeric and one teaspoon of milk cream.
• Mix them properly until you get a thick glue.
• Apply this glue on your knees and back rub it for a couple of moments.
• Let it get and afterward wash it dry with tepid water.
• Repeat this consistently for better outcome.
Lemon And Honey
The peeling and blanching properties of lemon help to cause the skin to recapture its normal tone. It tenderly sheds the dead skin cells and makes the skin delicate. Nectar is a characteristic humectant, which implies it assists with safeguarding the dampness and keeps the skin saturated and delicate.
What You’ll Need:
• 1 tablespoon of nectar.
• 1 lemon.
• Take a bowl and add nectar and pressed lemon juice.
• Mix them appropriately until you get a smooth glue.
• Now, apply the glue straightforwardly on your knees and leave it on for 20 minutes.
• Wash it off with an ordinary water.
• Repeat this cycle multiple times in seven days for a superior outcome.
Gram Flour And Lemon
The basic minerals, nutrients, proteins, and so forth present in gram flour go about as a decent exfoliator for the skin by eliminating the dead skin cells and imperfections. It likewise makes your knees look splendid and delicate.
What You’ll Need:
• Gram flour.
• 1 lemon.
• In a bowl, add a small bunch of gram flour and crush one lemon in it. Ensure you make it into a thick glue.
• Apply the glue to your knees and back rub it in a round movement for 3-4 minutes.
• Wash it off with a mellow cleanser and with typical water.
• Repeat this cycle one time in seven days.
Dark knees are ofttimes something we are born with, and we need to love and accept our body because it is beautiful no matter what society wants us to believe. These remedies will help you gain a little more confidence if you have noticed your knees become darker than usual or just for a bit of boost.