Our body is a reservoir of mystery and magic in the way it works. There are tons of hidden details related to the human body, facts we do not know about. So, let’s have a moment and look into
40 Fun Facts about the Human Body
1. With every passing minute, we shed 30,000 dead skin cells.
2. Fingernails actually grow faster than toenails.
3. Babies do not shed tears unless they’re at least a month old.
4. The femur bones located in upper legs can support 30 times a human’s body weight.
5. People with botox feel less emotions because of their inability to move certain face muscles to express certain facial expressions.
6. The cornea gets its oxygen directly from air as it is the only part of our body that has no blood supply.
7. Hearts can beat outside bodies.
8. When we listen to music, our heartbeat syncs with the rhythm.
9. We can’t breathe and swallow at the same time.
10. Stomach acid is so strong that it can dissolve metal.
11. Tongue prints are just as unique as fingerprints.
12. Babies only blink once or twice a minute, while a grown up does that approximately 10 times a minute.
13. The human eye is about 576 megapixels in camera terms.
14. Our mouth produces around 1 litre of saliva every single day.
15. Our brain at times is more active when we’re asleep than when we’re awake.
16. We lose about 4 kilograms of skin cells every year.
17. Our left lung is 10 percent smaller than the right one.
18. Humans are the only species who are known to be able to blush.
19. The blood in our body makes up 8 percent of our body weight.
20. The human heart has its own electrical impulse.
21. A healthy human adult’s heart beats around approximately 75 times per minute.
22. An eyelash survives for about 150 days before it falls out.
23. The femur is the longest bone in the human body.
24. Humans are the only animals with chins.
25. A rush of adrenaline causes humans to blush.
26. An average person breathes about 11,000 litres of air every single day.
27. Flavour is actually a combination of taste and smell with 80% of it being smell.
28. The smallest bone in the human body is located in the middle of our ears.
29. The human body contains enough fat to create seven bars of soap out of it.
30. One quarter of our bones are in our feet.
31. The human tongue contains about 10,000 taste buds & in general, women are found to have more taste buds than men.
32. When we’re awake, our brain produces enough electricity to power a light bulb.
33. Adult lungs have a surface area of around 70 square metres.
34. Our nose and ears supposedly keep growing throughout our life.
35. The brain of an adult human weighs around 1.5 KG.
36. Our heart beats around 100,000 times a day.
37. Our small intestine is roughly about 23 feet long.
38. An adult human’s skin weighs around 3-4 KG.
39. 50 percent of our hand’s strength comes from its little finger.
40. The left side of our brain controls the right side of our body and the right side of our brain controls the left side of our body.
Human bodies are pretty much works of magic, carrying on numbers of miraculous procedures in order to keep us alive. So, whenever you feel down, remind yourself how your body uniquely and magically works just for you in order to help you survive!